4Radon.com - your do-it-yourself Radon Testing source
Home Gas Detector
Radon in an extremely dangerous gas, that causes permanent damage to the lungs, however there are other gases in the home that we need to be concerned about.
Carbon monoxide poisoning is a dangerous and often fatal condition that occurs after excessive inhalation of carbon monoxide (CO). Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas that it is very difficult for people to detect without a Carbon Monoxide Detector. Sources of carbon monoxide inside homes occurs from leaks or openings from automobile exhaust (and exhaust from other gasoline powered vehicles and power tools), propane fueled equipment and tank leaks and openings, faulty furnaces, heaters, wood-burning stoves
Natural Gas (Methane Gas is the major component of natural gas) heats our homes and powers our appliances such as stoves and ovens. It is extremely flammable and explosive when used in excess or if a leak occurs. Many people also use Propane Liquid Gas for heat and other power, and it has the same issues.
A 3-in-1 Combination Carbon Monoxide, Propane and Methane Gas Detector will sound an alarm when any of these levels become unsafe, but before they become a dire emergency.